Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dravid ready to perform for Rajasthan Royals

Jaipur-Retirement from international cricket has not affected Rahul David’s love for the sport and he is eager on performing for the Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League.

Dravid replaces Australian spin star Shane Warne as captain and coach of the Royals. He turned out for Royal Challengers Bangalore in previous IPL edition. Royals' Indian Premier League-V opener against Kings XI Punjab will be the 1st time Dravid takes the playing field after ending his memorable international career last month.

The 39-year-old said he was at ease with playing T20 and his main challenge would be to rouse the team. I have been playing in this arrange for the past 4 years so I do not think there would be any special feeling. I can say I am a lot keener and all ears,Rahul Dravid told reporters ahead of the match 06-04-2012.

I have full over as captain, coach and mentor from Shane Warne so there are prospect but I feel these are more of words and essentially it is more about coordinate with the support staff to get the results, he said. The expert is also looking forward to work with the talented bunch of home players in the squad.

All team has to rely on domestic players as it is a team match; the four overseas players are not enough. I am happy that we have a few very exciting players in Ajinkya Rahane, Ashok Menaria and few more.

Dravid spoke highly of Menaria.

Menaria is an excite talent and the way he has be batting for the last 7days in the camp here has been amazing. He is at a very main stage of his job. I hope good performance in the IPL takes him forward.I would be happy if I am able to use my practice and help the young people like Menaria and Rahane to go up the ladder, “he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment